Hi, I’m Ben.
I’m an economics PhD student at Stanford University. My research explores how people learn and interact. It combines economic theory with tools from statistics and network science.
My blog posts highlight some of my interests and quirks. They include:
- simulating bird elections and gift exchanges;
- analysing transport, collaboration, and co-habitation networks;
- showing, mathematically, how to run fast races and make animations;
- summarising papers on research incentives and science communication;
- describing my experience applying to PhD programs and living in the USA.